Watching your portion size can absolutely mean the difference between success and failure in any weight loss or fitness journey.
It’s a lot easier than you think! A lot of it comes down to what’s right in front of you when you sit down to eat!
Researchers in Australia studied 100 adults in a portion control study. After educating the participants on “eating slowly” and eating only until they were full, the researchers gave one group a 600-gram portion of macaroni and tomato sauce and the other group 350 grams of the exact same meal. “Overall, the large-portion participants ate 34 percent more food than those given the smaller helping.” This goes to show that even if you’re educated and know how to eat slowly, most people will eat what’s right in front of them! So the key here is to be mindful of what you put on your plate.
Check out these tips for portion control…
- Be mindful of what the actual serving sizes are for what you’re eating
- Measure and weigh your food until you have a solid idea of what a true portion looks like
- Use a smaller plate for your food or put less on a larger plate!
- Practice eating slowly and listening to your body
- Eat until you’re about 80% full
Follow this link for help with the portion control and size guide:
Your challenge this week is to pay close attention to your portion sizes and to focus on eating a little bit slower!
Are you up for the challenge this week!? Let me know in a comment below with your commitment!
Check out lynnecampanro.com to learn more.